- Open your web browser and visit this link: https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/technology/epp/down...
- Download this file and save this file to downloads.
- Open Terminal, Enter the downloads directory. You can acess this directory by the entering the following in the command line. --> "cd Downloads
- Once your in the downloads directiory, you must find the downloaded eclipse folder. You can list all files in the directiory with the following command. --> "ls"
- After entering the command shown above, all the files in the download directory will be listed. The eclipse file should look something like this -> "eclipse-php-2019-12-R-linux-gtk-x86_64.tar.gz"
- Extract the file by entering the following command, "tar xvfz "eclipse-php-2019-12-R-linux-gtk-x86_64.tar.gz" "
- Enter the eclipse folder by entering "cd eclipse"
- Run the script to open eclipse. The script is the following --> "./eclipse"
- Elipse IDLE will open.
cd Downloads tar xvfz "eclipse-php-2019-12-R-linux-gtk-x86_64.tar.gz cd eclipse ./eclipse